Monday, September 29, 2008

I don't know about you, but I came to party.

Tonight was a great night. And I don't know why.

Classes were okay... I handed in my first paper for Cinema... I interpreted the very first shot from the first Godfather.... as I was typing my paper last night at midnight, I realized how much more I've learned about film after my first three weeks here at Augsburg... and then I realized that I am only 2 chapters into our text book... I guess you could call it a humbling experience... I'm not quite sure.... I know I've got a lot to learn. Oh, and today I took my first test for my film class.. which went okay. I know that i forgot a couple things (what are the three main aspect ratios used in film over the last century?), and some of the questions i had to B.S. my way through... but i did alright... a lot better than the 75 percent I got on my first spanish test (worst test of my LIFE... i NEED a tutor.. mostly for motivation)

Today I wanted to take a nap at every opportunity i had.. but i refused my instincts... i was both mad/proud at the same time.

And tonight I had play practice. Every honors student is required to take part in the "Scholars Citizen Theater Lab". Basically, all honors students work together to put together a play about the themes in our book "The Question of God," a book about the conflicting ideas of Sigmund Freud and CS Lewis. Most former honors kids say this is one of the best experiences in their college life so far.... tonight we started writing our one act play (The honor kids are split into 4 different groups and each group develops their own one act). We decided to have a somewhat connected theme by everyone creating a mock t.v. show type thing... My groups play (which I am the stage manager for) decided on the television show "Blue's Clues"... except our show deals with sex, violence, love, and death... ya know, basic Freudian principals... I'm liking the way things are going so far.

And the best part of the night....

Doing laundry. 

I did laundry. And I hate laundry. Fortunately, I have awesome friends who also do laundry with me.

We stayed in the laundry room for a couple hours... and all it took to make good out of a pretty boring situation was a couple cans of rockstar. Now I don't normally drink caffeine. I actually never drink pop, and i don't like coffee. So after 40 ounces of energy drinks, laundry is no longer as crappy as it may seem. Sitting down there with my best friends from Augsburg reminded me a lot of "Breakfast Club" but the laundry room version.  We easily entertained ourselves. 

By the time our laundry was finished, the caffeine fully kicked in... Luckily, Andy, who suffered a shoulder injury from flag-football, is on a prescription of vicodin... this makes for some high-fueled dance parties.... or just people laughing at us.

And now i've got another 100 pages of reading to do  :)

good night.

1 comment: