Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"With a little help from my friends"

I just decided that I am going to run for student senate....

It really wasn't that much of a "spur-of-the-moment" kinda thing... I of course had thought about it before I even knew which college I was attending... The only reason I was pretty hesitant was because I didn't know how busy I wanted to be during college... But after a summer of relaxing, I know that I want to get involved again.

So tonight I told my roommate Nate that I was running for a spot on student senate... 10 minutes later he had already created a facebook group for me... it was pretty exciting. I've already appointed him as my campaign manager. He knows A LOT of people on campus and I'm lucky to have him helping me out.

I've still got to go down to the Student Senate office tomorrow; i'm hoping to talk to the current student body president and find out exactly what I'm getting in to... Either way, I'm about 99% positive i'm going to go through with it...

And by the way... in case you haven't noticed... i'm sleep deprived...

And it's totally my fault.

I think (know) that i need to settle down a little bit. Knowing that, I denied a movie night tonight to go up to my room, finish a reading, type this, then go to bed.

I've only gone out Fridays/Saturdays, but almost every other night has been spent chilling in someone's room or watching a movie... And of course I've been getting my homework done... And i've had a lot of homework... and a lot of reading...

But it leaves so little time for sleep.

I've got a routine now that I'm all settled in, and Augsburg is really starting to feel like home. I've gotten to know sooo many people in the last week and I'm surprised how friendly everyone is.. it definitely makes the transition a lot easier.

BUT, it's not bed time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment