Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Back to school"

I think last night was the first night since I've got to Augsburg that I went to bed before midnight... It was so nice to get all that much needed sleep....

I had my first ever college class at 9:10 this morning. I really had no idea what to expect. Half of me was thinking that I might be sitting through a long, excruciating lecture, and the other half had no idea.

My first class was 'The Scholar Citizen', a somewhat general honors class that prepares students for other honors courses and the liberal arts (at least that's what i think it is). My prof (who seems very cool) talked about his life (which seems very interesting) and the course (which might be one of my favorites) for the first few minutes of class... after that, he made us all sit in a circle around the room, introduce ourselves and then tell others in the group about our life...

And that was it.

There was a lot of good discussion, but the thing i found most interesting was the assortment of people that were in that class. So many of the students had lived such interesting lives, far different from my own, and I know that I have something to learn from every single person in that classroom.

And then I had my english class "Intro to Cinema Arts". I have been SOOOO extremely excited for this class.....

Until, a couple minutes after my teacher gave roll call, I realized I was in the completely wrong classroom..... My class had been moved to a different building.

"Welcome to (insert name of hard sounding math class here)" were the first words I heard... and then I got up and left the classroom, somewhat embarrassed. The prof was cool about it though, and pointed me in the right direction...

And then I got to my cinema class 10 minutes late, and luckily my prof understood. This class was also full of mostly discussion.. I found it very intriguing, and I can't wait for my film lab tomorrow afternoon.

And lastly, I had Spanish class, the class I was most worried about... My spanish was a little rusty, but it was harder for me to stay awake than it was for me to remember some of the spanish that I had learned. It was the prof's fault at all, but by 3 o'clock i was extremely exhausted...

And then we watched "Matchstick Men" in my room, went to eat at Davanni's, and then watched Borat tonight... everyone was pretty tired and wanted to just chill...

And now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment