Thursday, September 25, 2008

Spin

Some certain themes have become pretty apparent after my first few weeks here at Augsburg College. First of all...

Thursday nights are for Spin.

Spin is a night club in downtown Minneapolis. Thursday and Saturday nights are 18 plus, and a lot of people end up going down there together.

I have yet to go... I'm not really the clubin' type (even though I've never gone to one... but I've got a pretty good imagination). I probably will end up going one of these nights... just for the heck of it.

And while a few of my friends went out to dance (i was feeling pretty tired/had homework), I took Katie out to eat at Dinkytown. Luckily i have a loving aunt that lives in Minnetonka and she dropped off some food for me then drove us to Dinkytown. 

We ate at Loring's Pasta Bar. It was delicious. I don't know if it's quite at a college kid's income level (just our two meals cost 30 bucks), but you can only eat taco-bell so often (there's also a jimmy-johns pretty much directly on campus... it's my new favorite place). And after we got done with our meal, we decided to walk home because it was a beautiful night. 

Then we watched a movie (Rocket Science... great indie flick. i def. recommend it) and ate ice-cream (i swear i've bought out the Winner Gas Station of ice-cream already.. i don't know what i'd do without a freezer/fridge combo). And I was just about to go to bed when Claire came home, looking very sad.

She forgot her ID, they wouldn't let her into Spin,  and so she had to come back home. Rough night, huh?

And now Katie and I have to console her until her roommate gets back from the club... hopefully soon so i can get some shut-eye.

1 comment:

  1. I told you about the crowds going to Spin on Thursdays! I've been able to avoid the place for 2 years. Great choice with Loring... its one of my favorite places. You should check out Kafe421 sometime, its equally awesome.

    ReplyDelete