Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So Here We Are

So i promised that i'd talk a little bit about my movie night...

Requiem for a Dream: one of the most depressing movies i have ever watched. Technically speaking, it was very well made. It had a well defined (formalist) style that was amazingly maintained throughout the entire movie. The best part of the movie was the acting, especially by the older mother. The characters were REAL... that's the best way to describe it... Did I like the way they ended up? well... no, not really... but could it have been done any other way? definitely not. I would recommend not watching this movie at 2:00 in the morning either... it might make you to sad to go to sleep... seriously. This movie is the definition of pain.... the journey for pleasure... (insert other deep themes here). It was good. I would recommend it for the sole reason of finding out exactly how you don't want your life to end up.

Last night I was going to write a blog about my day... unfortunately, my day was way to busy... i had class... i had sooo much homework.. and then we had our pepfest.

The pepfest was ok... nothing too special.

They lit fireworks off in the middle of murphy park, which was awesome.

Tonight they had a campus-wide game of capture the flag. I was sooo pumped for that...

Unfortunately, Tuesday nights are "First Year Experience" meetings.. two members from each res. hall floor are selected to represent the first year class and decide what things need to be changed on campus...so yeah... no capture the flag for me... oh well, I've gotta make sacrifices.

And last night i stayed up till 2:30 reading... so sacrificing sleep seems to be a recurring theme. But my body's used to it by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment