Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's not so bad, It's not so bad

Things are going great.

So today (Saturday) marks the first official weekend of my college career. I started things out right by not getting up until 3 minutes ago (11:30). It is pretty sweet.

I had my other classes on Thursday: my Augsem, Honors Search for Meaning and Vocation (something like that), and then a film lab. (All my other classes are on Monday, Wednesday, Friday). So thursday was a good day of classes too. For the Vocation class, we have to read A LOT of books, which makes me pretty excited. One of the books is titled "The Year of Living Biblically", and it tells the story of a man who lives a year trying to follow the bible as literally as possible.... I pretty much want to start reading it right now....

For my Augsem (Augsburg Seminar), our teacher just went over a couple of the things we'll be doing in the Minneapolis area, and then he explained how the Minneapolis street system works, which was helpful. We got down a little bit early so I went with a couple of friends to see Howard Dean speak on campus (Chairman of the Democratic National Committee). Now... I like Howard Dean a lot... he's a funny guy, but mostly because of his early disapproval of the War in Iraq. (Oh, and Keith Ellison was there, and he is bomb). However, I am getting slightly sick of all the finger-pointing going on between both parties... sure, it is a (somewhat) cleaner election than past years, but both parties have been saying "All they do (point finger here) is bash us... They don't know what they're doing and they don't talk policy..."

Well I'm still waiting to hear policy.... and that's my rant for the day.

ANYWAY. After listening to Howard Dean, I had to run on over to my film lab. Every thursday for Intro to Cinema we watch a movie and then discuss it. This week's pick was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Rear Window", and excellent choice considering our week's topic was the Voyeur and why people are captivated at watching others (especially through film). I was pretty impressed with myself and all the notes I took.   :)

SOOO, the agenda for today: I don't know yet. Possibly organize my room a bit... maybe go to the Mall of America/ Ikea... The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment