Monday, September 1, 2008

I need a power nap

So today was another event-filled day. I woke up and did my run in the weight room... It was so very tempting to just sleep for another hour but you know what they say about the freshman fifteen.....

After my run, I randomly ran into Joe (a kid from my neighborhood group) and we decided to go get breakfast. Unfortunately, it was 10 o clock and thus breakfast time was over... which was sad because i was starving. Joe and i then decided to take an adventure over to the gas station and buy some milk because my mom loves me and packed me an excellent assortment of cereals. Joe and I then proceeded to watch some funny show on comedy central and chilled in my extremely hot room.

After TV time, we went down to eat lunch, which was surprisingly good. I've heard horror stories about the food here at Augsburg, but luckily they just got a new dining service provider. Today the chicken sandwhiches were excellent.

And then we proceeded onto an educational talk about drugs, sex, and sleep. I was dreading this, but it turned out to be a good presentation. It was funny how straightforward the speaker was, and she did a really good job.

Next, we had free time, which has been hard to come by the last couple days. A couple guys and I came up to my room and we watched (slept) the Harold and Kumar White Castle movie (mostly because Cal Pen is coming to Augsburg for a political action type thing and we were excited).

After waking up, I ate lunch, then we all went to a play by the Pilsbury Theater group (i think i got that right). It involved a lot of topics like racism, sexism, drinking, etc... Your typical college stuff, but it was done in a unique play presentation. It was good. It was funny. It was entertaining.

And best of all, I was impressed by the discussion afterwards. When the play was done, one of the women facilitated a discussion between the entire class of 2012, which, initially, i thought would be a bust. I was wrong. People (a lot of people) had really good opinions and input. It was intellectual. I liked it.

And now i'm going to ignore my body's want for sleep and find something to do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment