Monday, October 6, 2008

A Night on the Town.

Cole William came to visit me Thursday-Saturday. I was excited.

Cole has been my best friend since 5th grade. He goes to St. John's University (about 5 minutes from both of our homes) and this first month of college has been the longest time i've gone without seeing him. So when he came to visit me at Augsburg on Thursday afternoon, I had a schedule of events to keep busy.

First of all, I brought him to Spin on Thursday night. Yes... i actually sacrificed my sleep to bring him out and try and show him a good time, and I think he had a good time. Now I am not exactly the clubbing type... It was definitely an experience, but most likely it won't happen again. It's just too... dirty, for lack of a better word (not "eewww" dirty, but "i-don't-think-grinding-with-random-people-is-right" dirty) I'd much prefer going to a cafe with music and TALKING to people.. not dancing with the most random girls from Minneapolis. But if you like to dance, than Spin is definitely a place to check out.

p.s. an alternative place to dance is First Ave on Saturday nights... it's more techno music, but I heard a lot of people say it's better than Spin. check it out.

So on Thursday night, while cole slept on my awesome couch until 12:30, I woke up for class at 9. While I was busy going to class until 3:30 that day, cole said he was doing homework (which most likely didn't happen). Later that night, Cole and I met up with some friends from high school who now live on East Bank. We recieved a grand tour of their apartment, went out to Pizza Luce (AMAAAAZZZING!), and then went to Frat Row that night. I was exhausted. One of the Frats we got into was basically Spin all over again (aka dark room with a million people, flashing lights, and loud music) but it was great seeing all my friends again.

And of course, Cole wouldn't let me go to bed until 3:30 in the morning. He wanted to party all night. I needed to rest... because...

I had a retreat to go on Saturday/Sunday..... because....

I was one of the four Augsburg First Years to get a spot on student government... not only that, but I am also the First Year Student Government President.

It made me happy :)

More on the retreat later....

No comments:

Post a Comment