Friday, October 17, 2008

Cause I'm Comin Home Again

Some good news:

Last night I attended a film screening at Augsburg. The movie was titled “Bits” and it was created by a couple former Augsburg students. It was a somewhat formalist movie, kind of John Lynch-ish (Mulholland Drive… a really f-ed up, yet good, movie we watched for Film class) and I was impressed with how good it was. I guess it’s kind of reassuring to see a project like that coming from Augsburg students… It leaves me with a sense of “I want to do that when I graduate”… and now I know that it is possible.

More good news: On that same Thursday (before the movie screening) I went on a professional tour of the Cedar Riverside neighborhood with my Augsem. It was great… I think a tour like that should be required of all incoming students. Some people expect that some of the neighborhoods surrounding Minneapolis are automatically bad places, however, going on a tour like the one I went on Thursday really makes you appreciate and recognized the history of the Augsburg location. We went in to an African Mall and it was one of the most unique things I have ever seen. It felt like I had stepped into an entirely different world. (and they also have pretty cheap shirts, dresses, and scarves).

And the best part of it was, our tour guide started talking about a small film being shot in the Cedar Riverside neighborhood. It’s called Ana’s Playground, and shooting begins _______. I began to ask the tour guide questions, I told her I was a film major, and eventually, we exchanged information. It turns out that she had talked to the director of the film, and he is looking for people to help out with various aspects of the project. As of now, it looks like I might possibly have an internship on the film… I am really willing to do whatever they need. I’ll serve coffee or something if I have to, as long as I get to watch and learn about the movie-making experience…I’ll keep you in touch :)

Oh, and right now I’m on my way home… It’s the first time I’ve gone home since I came to Augsburg. I have a wedding to work at tomorrow, so I’ll keep you up to date.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the tour too! But SO many people were complaining!!!

    ReplyDelete