Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Busy-Body

It's been a LOOOOONNG time.

I've been so busy.

Almost too busy.. we'll see I guess.

About 10 days ago I had a student government retreat. It was awesome, and i think it will be my favorite organization here at Augsburg. We went to a campground out past Plymouth....

While there, we started with "team-building" exercises... and i'm usually not that much of a fan of those forced interactions activity kinda things.. but this really helped. I now feel like i'm pretty good friends with everyone on the senate board.

You know when you see teachers, parents, other people of authority... and you can't imagine them having a life other than teaching/parenting/being authoritive... that's kind of how it felt... I saw some of the student government students around school, usually doing business-like stuff and being serious.

Well after the retreat, i see those same students as being really close friends... and it only took a day and a half.

Maybe it was being completely freaked out in our cabin (i swear that Adam, Max, and I saw a person running through the woods... it was terrifying), and telling horror stories until 3 in the morning... I don't know... Either way, i think being involved in student government will turn out to be one of my favorite things here at Augsburg.

Another exciting thing happened last Sunday.... First of all, I am a huge vikings fan (sometimes it is quite unfortunate) and my friend Clair surprised me with tickets to the game.... mostly because her and I are the ones yelling at the tv every sunday afternoon.

So we took the lightrail 4 minutes to the dome, watched them (luckily) beat the Lions (even though we shouldn't have to rely on luck to BEAT THE LIONS!!!!!!!). Either way, it was awesome. I totally saw 3 guys get kicked out of the game for being too drunk and swearing... at times it was more entertaining than the game. Yay American Football :)

No comments:

Post a Comment