Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In the Back of Yellow-Checkered Cars

So i went home again this last weekend... mostly because my friends and I are a part of "Dock Crew". Basically it's me and three other guys who put in/take out docks for money... and I'm a college kid and I need money.

Friday was our Fall Break (which didn't seem like much of a break.... seriously? one day?) so i didn't have class all day.

However, I did have my internship for the movie being filmed in the Cedar Riverside Neighborhood (Ana's Playground)... which i imagined to be delivering coffee, running errands, etc.... HOWEVER, Thursday night i spent three hours painting plywood... and Friday morning i did not get to enjoy my day off because i woke up kinda early (10:30 is early on a day off) and i sanded dry-wall for a couple hours... exciting right?

Afterwards, I visited one of my best friends, Lauren. She plays soccer for the University of Wisconsin Madison and they happend to be playing the Gophers this weekend... so i biked the short trip to the Radison at the U of M and chatted for a while. it was a lot of fun to catch up on all the things that have been going on.

And then cole came to the cities and we went to Lauren's soccer game (excitement=thinking soccer games cost 8 bucks but going there and realizing that it is 1 dollar ticket night).

And after that we visited some other friends because Cole had his car and it was convenient. And then I got home at midnight friday night.

I've been pretty lucky with finding rides home and such... It would be nice to have a car down here, but it's not really necassary. You can get anywhere in Minneapolis using the lightrail, bus, bike, walk, etc...

And speaking of public transportation... I was thinking...

I feel like my life right now is a long taxi-cab ride.

I know where I want to go... I might even know how to get there... but I wish the driver would drive a little bit faster. (And I probably don't have enough cash to hand to him and say "step on it, please.")

No comments:

Post a Comment