Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Times, They Are a'Changin.

The Times, They Are a'Changin

In order to get into the Halloween spirit, Katie and I are watching the movie Se7en.

Yeah, so far, it's pretty disturbing... I mean, nothing that I haven't already been sensitized to as any other 19 year-old, Saw watching, Grand Theft Auto playing, youtube addicted, college kid... but none the less, it's still pretty disturbing.

I've made it a personal goal to educate myself when it comes to movies (good idea being a film major, huh?) because the more I talk to other film students, the more behind I feel regarding all the classic films.... I'll keep you updated on this.

Oh, and another obsession: failblog.org

It's pretty funny.

So my Wednesday was pretty busy.

Wake up at 8:15, shower, clean up, all that jazz.
Walk to class at 9 till 10.
Do homework until my next class at 11 to 12.
Eat lunch then do homework.
Go to my last class at 2:30 to 3:30.
Do homework.
Student Government finance meeting from 5:15 to 7.
Run to Cooper's and get a coffee and pastry because i did not get to eat dinner.
Actual student government meeting from 7:30 till a little after 9.

And then it's movie time.

It's all about time management :)

Oh, and good job to Augsburg College:

95 Theses - organized by student government. allows students to voice their concerns, we compile them, and then present them to the president of the college.

Composting - Not only has Augsburg started "trayless tuesdays" (every tuesday, trays are not allowed in an effort to use less water/soap, and because students grab an average of 1.5 ounces less w/o using trays... which adds up to a little more than 100 gallons of food not going into the trash on tuesdays... i think it should happen everyday, and we're working on it.).... but Augsburg also started composting all the food that students don't finish.

Better food - with the help of student government and various other organizations last year, Augsburg's previous contract with their old food provider was cancelled early... from what i've heard around campus, the food this year is WAAAY better.

Ice-cream - AND, we now have ice-cream in the caf. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment