Sunday, October 19, 2008

Church Bells Ringing

So the wedding was pretty fun.The day was loooonnng though... I was at the Bride's house at 8:30 in the morning recording every little thing that went on until 1:00 in the morning.

It was a long day.

And now i've got HOURS of video editing to do so i can get the bride her wedding video. I'm not really looking forward to the busy busy week. I'm still exhausted.

And going home was... fulfilling. I guess.

It was nice to see my family for the first time in almost two months. It didn't really seem like i was gone that long though... Of course i missed my family A LOT, but a lot of the little things really hit me:

1)Driving.... I don't have my car at Augsburg. You don't really need it. But going home and having to drive everywhere after not even getting in a car for 2 months is weird...It leads to a lot of unintentional speeding.

2)Home-cooked meals.... i miss them... and it's even harder when your mom is an excellent cook. Luckily, i brought back some cherry cheescake desert and some chicken dumpling soup... mis favoritos.

3) A Big Fridge... this kinda goes with the food thing.. but this morning i woke up, walked upstairs, and then opened the fridge... i could practically hear the angelic humming of angels.. After sharing a tiny personal fridge with a roommate (especially a roommate that eats/drinks a lot), it's hard to underestimate the value of a full fridge... some day you'll understand.

4) MY BED. It was so nice to sleep in my own (queen-sized) bed... comparable to heaven i'd say. granted, i barely got any sleep because i had to wake up for church this morning, i loved it.

And now, i'm back at my new home. It's nice to be back... not so nice to have to go to class tomorrow, but oh well.

Oh, and Nate bought rock band 2 over the weekend... i got a feeling that my room will be a less-friendly study place for a while....

No comments:

Post a Comment