Monday, November 10, 2008

Procrastination is the Devil

I hate Microsoft Word.

Maybe it's all my fault that I finished my spanish paper 2 minutes before class started.

Maybe it's all my fault that I was tempted in to beating the crap out of Nate in a game of Madden and then ordering pizza and then watching The Incredible Hulk when i should have been doing my homework last night.

Maybe I shouldn't have slept so much while I was home this weekend and laying in my awesome, comfortable, warm bed.

Oh, well... It was fun while it all lasted...

...That was until 2:15 today (15 minutes before class) when "Microsoft Word has unexpectedly quit" as soon as I tried to print my Spanish paper.

I skipped lunch today, started working on my paper at 12:30 (two hours should have been plenty..), and i refused to be distracted by Facebook, Youtube, etc... That's right, I sat in the Honors Suite and did nothing but my spanish paper.

And it was damn good.

Until Microsoft Word taught me a lesson:

Never procrasinate. It's bad... really bad. I did it a lot in high school, and I learned my lesson once... So I thought I'd get by this weekend... Luckily, I have a friend named "Auto-Save" and about 3/4 of my paper was saved automatically... That meant I had approximately 8 minutes to retype the rest of it, make corrections, and then get to class... I was only about 3 minutes late.

But I learned my lesson.

P.S. The Incredible Hulk is a decent movie... nothing groundbreaking.. It's awesome if you're a comic book fan like myself, but the film-maker in me keeps saying "i could have made it better"  :)  Definitely better than the last one directed by Ang Lee

P.S. P.S.  I saw "Rachel Getting Married" last week after my film professor briefly talked about it in class.... I loved it and do not understand why he had some problems with it. It's a very cool take on realism.

P.S. P.S. P.S.  After doing kinda bad on my first film test, I studied hardcore for the second one and we finally got them back today... Yeah, that's right.. I was the only one in my class to get a 4.0.  Whoop, whoop.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment