Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blue's Clues

I'm sitting in the Honors Suite right now... we're doing a run through for our Honors Play that will take place on Saturday the 22nd.

I may have talked about this earlier... I've had play practice every Monday night since school started. Basically, all First Year honors students work together to create a play based off of the first book we read for The Scholar Citizen, "The Question of God". We were all split into four different groups and come up with four different plays involving themes from the book... All four plays also have a theme based off of various kid's TV shows.

I am the Stage Manager for my group (in charge of props, script changes, blocking, etc...). Our play is Blue's Clues. The basic plot is Sigmund Freud and CS Lewis are stuck in the Blue's Clues house until they find all the Clues and learn the Truth to all life's questions. Hilarity ensues.

Our play is pretty cool, but it's not as risque as some others.

Example: The Sesame Street play... Big Bird gets shot. Oscar the Grouch gets pleasure and happiness from causing pain on others. Bert and Ernie visit a strip club in search of happiness. Yeah, it's crazy.

The Honors Play is one of the most unique things about Augsburg College... It has definitely brought us honors kids closer together.

Speaking of the play... I have to miss practice next Monday (which I usually wouldn't do, but I think that we're all prepared for the 22nd)...

I got tickets to see Atmosphere at 1st Ave. next Monday.... Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment