Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hey Jealousy.

So I spent most of my day Saturday in freezing temperature and 20 mph winds.... Why you might ask?

Well... Remember that film internship? Yeah... I helped Set-Dress the set for 6 hours. It involved carrying fake barriers and then setting them up to look like those cement barriers used in war zones. Oh, and did I mention that I forgot to bring gloves? I felt like my fingers were going to fall off... Until a merciful man let me borrow his gloves... Which didn't happen until AFTER I cut my thumb between two of the boards... Yeah, it wasn't exactly a glamorous day.

But it was a great experience... I was amazed at how the set was set up. It didn't look like much. Just a fountain here, a wall here, some pillars over there... But with a little movie magic, BOOM... I couldn't help imagining how I would shoot a particular scene a certain way, and all that jazz...

And then, the director came to the set... I was so jealous watching him walk around and talk with the director of photography about how they were going to shoot the scenes. I was sooo jealous. I wanted to be in his shoes, and not lifting plywood boards... You gotta start somewhere though, i guess.

If your interested in the film, it's called Ana's Playground. Check out the website here:
http://anasplayground.com/

And so that was my Saturday... I got back to campus around 6:30, which felt like 10 at night because it gets dark so early... And then i did absolutely nothing. I was exhausted and tired, and wanted to sleep... So Andy and I watched Superbad instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment