Sunday, November 23, 2008

Field Trip

For class on Wednesday, we took a field trip to go see the movie Ana's Playground being filmed. This is the same film that I have interned for a couple times, so it was definitely a unique experience seeing it from my perspective.

I don't think people know how much work goes into making a movie... You know those barriers that you barely see of in the distance of that 10 second action shot? Yeah, that took me 3 hours to paint... (see what I mean?)

The was another thing I noticed while I watched them film a couple scenes... It looks extremely fake.... Yeah, when all the editing and post-production is all done, the movie may look like it came right out of a scene in the middle of a warzone... but, while we were watching the filming process, there were about 50 people standing behind the camera and watching everything that took place. It kinda makes you appreciate the work that the actors do.. how can an actor act something out with so much emotion while 50 people are watching every single move.

Anyway... Later that night I went to the downtown Target with Katie. She needed to get some groceries for her trip to Georgia. The Augsburg CSA (Coalition for Student Activism) is bringing students down to Georgia to protest the School of Americas (which now has a different name... not sure what it is). Thanks to Augsburg Day Student Government, the cost of the trip is only 5 dollars per student. That's right.. wanna go to Georgia? Well, then pay 5 dollars.

I really wanted to go, but I had my honors play and I couldnt skip that... Anyway, we went downtown to the Target, and since it was so cold we took the skyways... and got lost. We walked from the lightrail to Target in the skyway, got there, bought our groceries... then we started to walk back to the lightrail, somehow went in a circle, and ended up back at Target. It was frustrating. And i missed the new episode of the Office.

But that's what the internet is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment