Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scholarship Weekend

It's Scholarship Weekend today and yesterday... Which means I did not really get to relax this weekend because a lot of stuff needed to be done and I am hosting two prospective students.

Basically, about 90-100 students were chosen out of a really large pool of applicants because they applied for the Presidents Scholarship (which is actually harder to apply for than admission into Augsburg). They came here yesterday, sat through some speeches and stuff, walked around campus, brought their stuff to my room, ate dinner, and then did some of the events on campus.

I hosted two students, both from Rodgers. They were really nice guys, I just wasn't exactly sure how I was going to keep them entertained.

I teamed up with Claire and Katie and their two prospective students and we walked around campus a lil bit. We eventually made it up to the fourth floor of Urness, played some Ping Pong, and then a huge came of this catch-phrase-type game (it's better than catchphrase). We weren't exactly allowed to take them to any parties or off-campus, which is understandable. We still had a lot of fun anyway.

And then after a long night of fun and games, they had to get up at 6:45 am and get ready for the day.

I remember doing the exact same thing last year. I stayed with Phil, who happens to be one of the main honors student-planner-people-of-high-prestige, and there were about 6 prospective students sleeping on his floor. We walked around campus until about 2 in the morning.

And the next morning (basically today for all the prospective students) was one of the most important days of my life so far.... They all have to type an essay and have an interview with a couple faculty members and an upperclassmen. Today it will be decided who gets the huge scholarships...

And I've got a busy day ahead of me.... especially since Cole (friend from high school) is coming tonight and we're planning on going to the dance club "Too Much Love" at First Ave....

We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your Scholarship Weekend experience. There was a big blizzard my year, so the entire first day of the weekend was discarded and EVERYTHING had to be crammed into Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Phil... I am glad that it's all over with... but I do miss them. I can't wait until next fall.

    ReplyDelete