Monday, February 23, 2009

The Fundamentals of Our Economy Are Strong

I have two jobs lined up... I'm one of the lucky ones.

About two weeks ago I had an interview for the Student Representative position... It's a new job at Augsburg as a part of the new Ignite program. From my understanding, the position requires students to set up meetings with Augsburg Alum and to basically... talk with them.

Sounds pretty easy. And I love talking. And I get paid for it... so count me in.

I'm pretty sure the main goal of this is to keep Alumni involved with the school... Find out what they're doing... And of course to encourage them to donate money to Augsburg (which I realize is even more important now that scholarship weekend is over with... soooo much money is given to our students as financial aid and scholarships, it's amazing).

The day after that interview, I had an interview for the CA (Community Adviser) position. It's like the RA (Resident Adviser) position in Urness (I have the best RA ever... Avery), but it is in an Upperclassmen Resident Building. This is the job I really want... I basically get to organize events for my floor next year, be there for moral support if anyone ever needs to talk to me about anything, and then make sure that our entire floor gets along and loves each other (read: does not kill each other).

Oh, and did I mention that I get paid for that too?

So just last week, I got a call from Institutional Advancement and they told me that I got the Student Representative job.

I was ecstatic.

And then on Sunday, I had to do the second round of interviews for the CA position. It went very well... but now i have to wait a month until I found out if I got the job...

I can only pray....

1 comment:

  1. LOL.
    The C.A. position is even easier than you make it sound.

    ReplyDelete