Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let's Get Down to Business

Today I had a meeting with Peggy Cerrito, a business teacher here at Augsburg.

I came to Augsburg knowing that I would be a film major, and I knew that I wanted to double major in something to fall back on... I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

But when I talked to my R.A., Avery, and told him that I was interested in majoring in business, he told me that he would set up a meeting with Peggy. He said that he was an assistant for Peggy (or something like that), delivered her mail and stuff, and that she was a very nice woman. So today, he brought me up to her office and introduced me to her.

I ended up talking with Peggy about the Augsburg Business program for about 30 minutes... and she really sold it to me (like a real business woman, i guess). It actually made me pretty excited; she told me exactly what i was looking for.

I'm on the right track so far... I'm taking Marketing and Microeconomics next semester, and I really don't have to pick my Business emphasis for a while yet, but she definitely narrowed down my search.

I'm thinking of a business major with an emphasis in either: Economics, Management, Marketing, and possibly Financing (which I doubt).

Basically, it comes down to whatever emphasis i think will help me the most as a film maker.. I'm either leaning towards management or marketing, but I have a while to decide. Today definitely made me feel a lot better about the entire situation though... Peggy even gave me a free Augsburg mug as a kind of "welcome to the business program" gesture. She seems sooooo very nice.

I really can't wait until next semester now... ya, my classes will be much harder, but i'm just ready for my finals to be over...

I'm pretty stressed out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment