Friday, March 27, 2009

Recap

Wednesday
Wednesday was busy... i had class, did homework etc.... and then...

Basketball
I had this very random itch to play some basketball... I never played ball in high school, and I am definitely not good, but I decided to get some guys together to play (of course I picked people who were also bad at basketball... so I wouldn't embarrass myself too bad). We played 4 on 4 for a while... and then 3-3.. and then some other random people that I have never met played with us for a full court 5 on 5 game. I was sooo sore the next day, I felt pathetic. And then that night...

Hard Times Cafe
To celebrate the end of the Student Government term, we all got to go to the Hard Times Cafe and eat... for FREE. I had never been there before, but it was awesome.. The atmosphere of the place was amazing...
(Outside of Hard Times... Picture from: http://www.readthebridge.info/2448)


(Inside Hard Times.... picture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/lithium_glitter/3278097304/)

For those of you who don't know... Hard Times serves only vegetarian food (they do serve egg omelets however... Vegan options are available).

So instead of going for something regular, like a burrito.. I tried something completely new...

Seitan Fajitas: Seitan is made from wheat gluton... yeah, strange. Sam recommended it. and I had faith in him... It was pretty good. The seitan tasted kind of spicy... it was pretty good, but I did not really like its texture.. It had a mushroom-like texture (and I don't like mushrooms). I was satisfied.. but next time I will get something different.

(Seitan Fajitas... from: http://i.pbase.com/o6/25/660225/1/78549462.J5D1ULR8.P1050502.JPG)
I would recommend going to Hard Times on a Friday at about 11:30 at night... I don't think you will find a better atmosphere in the entire Ceder Riverside... It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment