Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Last House on the Left

Why is it that when one babysits, it is nearly impossible not to think of the most recent horror flick?

Damn movies.

So I am spending my first Saturday night of spring break babysitting my cousins. It's all good. I actually don't mind at all... I am relaxing... which I don't get much of.

Unfortunately, my plan to read all of The Picture of Dorian Gray tonight failed... I left the book in the wrong car. I am therefore improvising by sitting on Facebook and listening to the Ben Kweller station on Pandora (3 thumbs up).

My schedule today:
Wake up at 8am to pick up my little cousins.
Drive Ashley to her Just for Kix dance thing at 9:30am and sit through the entire show.
Immediately rush to my cousins house to make food for the kids.
Lunch gets cut short... Dad calls and says Mitchell is wrestling earlier than expected. I put the sandwiches in bags and rush to get the three little girls into the car.
Make it to Albany in time to see only one of Mitchell's wrestling matches... good job big brother...
While taking Mitch and the girls to the car after wrestling, I run into two of my old teachers. I need to go to the high school sometime this week and do some catching up...
Drive the four kids to my house in order for Ashley to get packed.
Drive the girls back to my cousins house. Get them all ready for a nap.
I am exhausted... I get ready for a nap.
The girls wake up before me. They force me off the couch so we can have a wrestling tournament. I lose of course.
Dance with my cousin Katie to the song "Single Ladies." She orders me to "Keep dancing!" This song is repeated at least 11 times.
Make dinner.
Dance some more. Then color.
Food is done. Feed the kids. Dishes.
Clean.
Movie time while I clean.
Get them ready for bed.
Call dad. Doesn't answer. Call mom.
Call Grandma. We all say our prayers together, over the phone.
Lay down with Katie until she falls asleep.
They sleep at about 9. I watch 'Milk'. Sean Penn is impressive.
Now go to read Picture of Dorian Gray... crap.. I forgot it. Soo... facebook and this.

Goodnight America.

No comments:

Post a Comment