Thursday, January 29, 2009

I have a dream.

The Martin Luther King Jr. convocation was PACKED.

So many people attended that the chapel was completely full and people sat in the lobby listening to the speech.

Hollis Watkins, civil rights activist who worked with Dr. King and founded Southern Echo Inc., a non-profit leadership and educational organization. He is a very funny, intelligent man.

Over-all, magic was in the air throughout the entire day. People felt it.

It was kinda weird coming back to school after such a long time at home. I really missed a lot of the people here and it was good to see them. Home was relaxing of course, but it was good to be back.

Oh, and the last weekend before I came back to school, I spent the entire weekend with my Katie's (my girlfriend) family. Was it terrifying, you may ask? Well... of course not. I had a lot of fun. Her family rented a very very very nice home up in Brainerd and we spent the weekend relaxing. We also played a lot of board games, which i love doing.

Balderdash is the best board game ever.

Scrabble isn't played often enough.

And when I got back to school I had a poker night with some friends. After a good hour+ of playing, it was finally Jaron and I left in the game.

So I quit because I was tired and took my money and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment