Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day

I have an 8 am class tomorrow. The fact that I am watching a Man Vs. Wild marathon at 12:30 at night amazes me... What am I doing?

yesterday was a great day. Katie and i took the bus to the Minneapolis Institue of Arts Museum. (I like riding the bus for some reason..finding your way around is kind of challenging at first, which I like, but it is also a completely new experience for me... and yesterday I had a bus driver who liked to sing and announce the street names like he was a game=show host or something).

It was a lot of fun and pretty spontaneous.... we also went and ate at Noodles, which I love.

Then I did some homework and eventually took a nap... I was planning on decreasing the naps this semester, and yesterdays nap was one of my first ones since I got back to school, so i was pretty proud of myself.

And then last night about 10 of us decided to go to the club at around 11. We got to the lightrail about 30 seconds too late, so we had to wait 20 minutes for the next train to come.

While we were waiting, Tim and I were racing around the benches to keep warm. Oh, and he picked up a peice of cloth to throw it in the garbage... but it ended up being a dirty diaper.... i almost puked.

Finally, all 10 of us got out of the cold and on to the train, got to the club, and then realized that Katie forgot her drivers license... which meant no club for her.

being the nice boyfriend that I am, i went back to augsburg with her (and on the lightrail we had a nice conversation with two Minneapolis Public Transportation police officers... very nice men. we talked for about 10 minutes... i think i accidentally insulted them when i told them that i was surprised they got to carry guns around, but i think they forgave me)

We bot back to Augsburg around midnight, decided to go to Taco Bell because we were starving.
I was exhausted and we fell asleep on my couch watching tv.

Today I woke up around 11, went to lunch, did homework, and then at 1 i went to the Martin Luther King Jr. convocation....

more on that tomorrow. I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment