Monday, January 12, 2009

Finals Finals Finals

Wow.

It's been a LONG time since I've worked on my blog.

A LONG time.

I guess it was somewhat intentional... I really just wanted to relax over my break after the last few stressful weeks of school. So I guess I will start where I left off.

FINALS - I guess it was what I expected. I studied A LOT. I kind of felt that some of my grades were on the line between an A and B+ so I knew that I needed to do really well.

Scholar Citizen: technically, no final for this class. We just had to write our final paper, something along the lines of 'Does Western philosophy and science grant us the knowledge required to be an effective citizen in a culturally complex world?" It was a very difficult paper, mostly because Professor Crockett expects a lot from these papers and his students. He was definitely my favorite teacher and I will miss his class.

Honors Religion: hmmm... soo much to say. I studied a lot for this final, probably more than any other final. I spent an entire day (not exaggerating) in the library mostly studying for this final. Our professor let us take as many notes as we could fit on one side of a sheet of paper, and you should have seen my paper... it was a work of art, i do not know how i fit everything on it... smallest writing ever (I actually wanted to keep it and hang it up in my room or something, it was beautiful, but my prof made everyone hand in their cheet sheets). And the reason for studing so much? Quanbecks tests sometimes have information in them that may have been briefly mentioned in class for 3 seconds 8 weeks ago... pretty much everything is fair game. Luckily (thank the lord), Quanbeck gave us the essay questions ahead of time, which resulted in me, i think, doing pretty well on his final. This was definitely the most frustrating final I had however.

Spanish: hmmm.. spanish. I'm not very good at it. I was expecting to get a C in this class, therefore, I studied a lot for my spanish final. Basically, we spent the last three days in class watching a movie (in spanish with subtitles) and then we had to have a 10 minute conversation with our teacher in spanish. I was afraid. I studied all week and then crammed for a few hours the night before, and then i woke up at 7:45 the next morning to eat breakfast and study until 10. After I had my convo with prof. Fischer, she told me that she could tell that I practiced and that I did a pretty good job.... definitely one of the happiest moments of my entire week. I was basically flying.

Intro to Cinema: Possibly my most difficult final (they were all pretty different, it's hard to tell). I memoriezed the directors of all the movies we watched in class, and basically a whole bunch of terms. Someone asked my professor what we should study for the test.. he just responded "the glosary... all of it". Luckilly, I realized that I knew most of the terms pretty well and the test wasn't that hard. When it comes to analyzing some of the scenes, all I could do was use as much of the vocab words as I could and then hope that Cowgill was a little lenient on my answers. Despite my preperation, I flat-out did not know the answers to some questions, but overall I think i did pretty good.

Finishing my last final was one of the best feelings EVER! It felt like a ginormous bolder was lifted off of my shoulders and i was happy to think that i would not have any homework over the weekend...

Until I realized that I had to memorize some lines, figure out a riddle, and get recomendations from some family members for my honors class, Liberating Letters... oh well, i didn't necassarily expect to be completely free...

1 comment:

  1. L.O.L.
    I forgot about Groven's request for recommendations. Don't tell him, but I'm pretty sure I made mine up.

    ReplyDelete