Monday, August 25, 2008

You Know How I Do...

Sooooooo.... my first blog.

I guess i'm not a complicated person, and my life's not all that interesting, BUT, i hope that everyone reading this blog can relate to me in some way... In order for that to happen, I'll tell you a little about myself:

My name is Adam Spanier.

I grew up in a small town, a town that i've been dying to get out of since I was little, yet it's still my favorite place in the world.

I am the oldest of 5 kids. Quiet time doesn't exist, and I'm kinda expecting life at Augsburg and in Minneapolis to be less hectic then school mornings at the Spanier household.

Since I was little, I've wanted to be a rock star. Unfortunately, i have a terrible singing voice... I was also in football, track, and wrestling during high school, but my other dream to be a linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings will most likely not pan out.

During high school, it didn't take long to realize my true passion.... Student Council. It sounds kinda lame, but looking back on all that's happened, it was definitely worth it:

I served as the President of the Minnesota Association of Student Councils. Yup, I was president of Minnesota's Student Councils... I usually don't talk about it all that much; I don't want people to think i'm bragging, BUT, it was the best experience of my life. Because of this position, I've been to Kansas for the National Student Council Convention. I've spent A LOT of time in Minneapolis and St. Paul, working with other students across the state. I've met people from all over the state and all over the country. This position was my escape from my small little town. I've realized that there is a much bigger world out there, and THAT is why I chose Augsburg.

I chose Augsburg College so i could learn more about the world outside of my little hometown. Minneapolis is such a rich, diverse community, and rather than reading about everything Minneapolis has to offer, I get the oppurtunity to experience it firsthand. Not only do i get to spend my college years in the middle of such a great city, but I can also escape into the small little community that is Augsburg College.

I guess i'm excited.....

Very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment