Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Productive Day

My only goal of today was to be productive.

1) I woke up at 8am (naturally... looks like I was off to a good start). I woke up and made myself some eggs, bread with strawberry jam, strawberry yogurt, and a banana (see grandma. I am eating well).

2) While eating breakfast, I watched last night's episode of the Daily Show. Frustration of the day: Fox News spent a lot of time and frustration on the supposed 7.5 million dollars it took to clean up after protesters inside the Madison, WI capital... On Monday, they (very briefly) stated that they were wrong and that the actual cost will be closer to $325,000... Now that's a major fuck-up (and I don't usually swear).

3) I went for a 2.5 mile run with J-No (Jenna). It felt good, although Prague isn't a very run-friendly city.

4) I studied for today's Czech test for about an hour.

5) A bunch of us had lunch with two of the heads of the program for our monthly "Culture Discussions." The topic of this discussion was "Czech Holidays, Dining, and Differences." They allowed us each to spend 200 Crown (about 10 bucks) on lunch. And what does 10 bucks get you for lunch in the Czech Republic? A big Chicken-Curry Pizza, an appetizer of broccoli covered in 4 different types of cheese, and a very tall beer.

6)Czech Class/Test... It didn't go as well as I hoped, but I'm satisfied with my learning of the language.

7) Came back to my apartment. Made dinner (a salad with red cabbage, red peppers, other healthy veggies). Watched the extended interview with Jon Stewart and Republican Senator Rand Paul. Then I wrote an article about my disappoint with Augsburg Student Government, which I will e-mail to the Augsburg Newspaper tonight (and then get paid 20 bucks for writing it.... awesome).

8) I have class in 20 minutes: Visual Theory I. This class is awesome. Although my professor, Beth Lazroe, one of the most intimidating (at least, initially intimidating) women I have met, but she is an amazing professor.

9) Off to the pub. Andy, Jenna, and I have to discuss our movie. Scripts are due next Friday, so we have a lot of work to do.

10) Skype with my favorite Abbey Ehling tonight at 9:30.

11) Read, and then bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment