Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Can't Write Happy Endings

Hello all.

Today was a rough day.

1) I spent 20 minutes in the supermarket today looking for earplugs. While I was successful in finding the cheapest shaving cream and blades that I could (the electric shaver I brought with doesn't hold a charge from these European outlets), I was unable to find the ear plugs. After some mistakes in translation, I had people bring me cotton balls and q-tips... And then I gave up.

2) Why the ear plugs? Well, I am a light sleeper and my dad forgot to accomplish the single task I gave him (bringing me ear plugs from his work that I could bring to Europe). At first I thought I would be fine, but last night was the kicker: I volunteered to sleep in the living room last night on the futon (irony: the futon I slept on is THE EXACT SAME FUTON that I avoided sleeping on in my apartment in Minneapolis... And it is uncomfortable) because Michal was having a certain lady friend over... Which meant him and her staying up all night and talking/listening to music... I got 5 hours of sleep.

3) I got 5 hours of sleep.

4) I am getting frustrated with my script. Last night, Andy, Jenna, and I spent 2 hours in a pub talking about our movie. I am the screenwriter, and it's A LOT of pressure. The script has come a long way over the last few days, but it still has some problems and we are desperately trying to figure it out.

I also realized that I have a hard time writing happy endings for my screenplay... For some reason, every idea I come up with in my screenplay ends up with the main character dying. This was a depressing realization.

5) I did not get accepted as a Noble Peace Scholar... Which ruined my day. It has been a long time since I have wanted something so badly--I even gave up my McNair scholarship so that I would have the chance to study in Norway. Also, I figured out that the other applicants got to go in for interviews, while I was not even contacted for a phone call or skype conference (there is of course the likelyhood that I was not a strong enough candidate to even be considered for an interview, which would make me even more sad).

6) I have class in 12 minutes. See you later :)

1 comment:

  1. Baller - in the immortal words of 'Pac, keep ya head up.

    ReplyDelete