Thursday, April 30, 2009

Schools out, for the summer.

Yesterday was my last day of school...

And it was a very hectic, out-of-control day.

My last final was on Tuesday... So Wednesday, my last day at Augsburg, I had a lot to do before I left.

And if you don't mind, I will now vent about all the things I had to do.

I had an Ignite meeting with an Augsburg Alum at 11, and it went great. She was a studio arts major from Augsburg, so we had a lot in common; it all makes me a little less nervous about the real world when I hear success stories from other Art people... I don't mind being a starving artist, I just don't want to be starving. I'm sure you know how that works.

So after the meeting (one of the few good things about my day), I proceeded to my room around 12:30/1. The plan: write my final two papers from 1pm to 3 pm and then be absolutely done with all homework.

Unfortunately, I got a call at 1:15 because my Lib Letters professor (Bob) needed me to work at the Honors Desk because a lot of people had tests to take before they went home. So much for getting my papers done... I worked at the honors desk from 1:30 to 4:30. I then had a couple minutes to go to my Ignite Job and my blogging job to fill out my time sheets, and then proceed to the science building to get some DVDs to my professor.

Oh and did I mention that I didn't finish packing yet? At 5, I had roughly an hour to pick (which I had PLANNED on doing after i finished my papers at 4) and then my dad showed up and we had to load everything into the truck.

Oh, and then I couldn't find my RA to check out of the building... We didn't get to leave until 7:45.

I got home at 9pm and then ate for the first time that day... It was rough. Oh, and I didn't get to say goodbye to most of my friends, or my girlfriend.

What a fitting way to end the year: being consumed by responsibilities and not being able to do anything else... for some reason that sounds familiar...

1 comment: